While Instagram is the biggest social media platform for visual sharing like photos and videos, it also wants its users to interact with one another and be able to communicate through their Instagram accounts.
Instagram is always working on ways of enticing people to spend more time interacting with their app, and their recent venture is an online status feature that allows people to see who is currently offline or online – just like Facebook.
With this latest feature, maybe Instagram users will consider using Instagram to communicate with their friends, as well as a social media website that can keep them updated on the latest social updates and trends. We all know that Instagram is one of the best interactive apps that is available today.
To start talking to people through Instagram, you need to send what is called a direct message. If someone wants to do the same to you, they can send one your way as well.
Simply put, a DM is Instagram’s message feature that lets people send private messages to one another. They can also send through videos, links, photos, disappearing messages, and even locations. They can also make video calls, a more recent feature of the app.
This article is all about how you can direct message on Instagram through their app. We will also talk about how you can direct message people on Instagram through your computer. Additionally, we’ll help you publish your posts on Instagram through your computer.
Let’s take a look.
How to Direct Message on Instagram Through the App
Sending a direct message on Instagram through the Instagram app is relatively easy and won’t take too much of your time to figure out unless you want to send a long message to someone. If you’re not, it should take you less than a minute to learn how to.
Let’s check out how to direct message through the Instagram app:
- Open the app on your smartphone. At the top right-hand corner of your profile page, you will see an airplane icon. Click on this.
- You will see a page come up that says ‘direct.’ This is your direct messaging page. You can use this to send a private message to one other person on Instagram, or you can use it to send a message to multiple people. The latter only applies to the people that you already follow on Instagram.
- To send a direct, private message to somebody, start typing in that person’s username in the message search bar. Tap on the Instagram account you want to message when it comes up and write your message in the chatbox. You can also use Instagram message to create a group chat among your friends.
- To do this, click on the ‘add button’ (+) and scroll down your followers list to find the people that you want to be a part of it.
You can also type someone’s username into the message search bar so that you find them a lot quicker.
- Once you have found your recipients, click on the message option at the bottom of your screen. You will see a chat page come up along with the names of the people you want to be in the chat. You can even give your chat group a name.
- Enter your message into the chat box to start talking to people. Instagram will let you know when someone has read a message you send.
Pretty easy, right? Now, let’s look at the next tutorial we have: how to direct message on Instagram through your computer.
How to Direct Message on Instagram Through Your Computer
While it is true that there are more people who would instead use Instagram straight through the app, there are some who like to use it from their computer since they get a much larger screen, along with a complete keyword too.
If you’re not allowed to be on your phone at work, then you may want to think about bringing up Instagram on your computer – although personally, we can’t recommend this as an idea. Instagram is pretty distracting, after all.
While you can use a standard web browser on your computer to look through your Instagram, you may not be able to find an option to use direct message. Don’t worry, though – we are here to show you how to direct message from your computer, and it’s easy.
To direct message on your computer, you can use:
- Windows 10
Simply download either of this software onto your computer, and you’ll be able to direct message from your computer.
How to Direct Message on Instagram Through You Computer Using Instagram for Windows 10.
The Microsoft store has the best software to help you direct message on Instagram through your computer. The best part is, you don’t even have to pay for it – it’s completely free! Check out the steps below to begin using it:
- Go to the Windows app store and download the Instagram for Windows app.
- Install the software onto your computer.
- Open up the app. Click on the direct message icon to send a message to somebody. You can also click on the icon whenever you want to check any messages as well.
How to Direct Message on Instagram on Your Computer Using Bluestacks
The other option available if you’re using Instagram through your computer is Bluestacks. This is an app that emulates your smartphone on Mac or PC. It’s also free to use, which is why we like it so much. Thanks to Bluestacks, you can now use smartphone apps on your computer. Let’s take a look at the steps below to figure out how to direct message on Instagram through your computer using this type of software:
- Download Bluestacks from the official Bluestacks website and install this to your computer.
- Once the installation has completed, you can click ‘finish.’
- You will come upon the welcome screen. Click on the right arrow on your mouse.
- You will need to type in your Google credentials. Complete the setup by including the relevant information and then click on ‘search.’
- Start typing ‘Instagram’ into the search bar. Instagram will come up. Click on it, and you will be directed straight to the store where you can download the official Instagram app.
- Install it through Bluestacks.
- Once the installation is complete, start up the Instagram app and input your credentials.
- The app will open up on your computer, and you will have immediate access to it. At this point, you will also be able to use direct message. Just click on the arrow icon whenever you want to go to your messages.
Note: you can choose anyone to send a message to on Instagram. If you send a message to someone who is not already following you, it will appear as a request in their message inbox. There are also other options available for sending direct messages through your computer including IG:dm. This is a free app, and it’s available for Mac, Linux, and Windows.
Have you tried sending a direct message to someone before on your computer? Well, now you can!
Top Tools for Instagram Growth & Engagement
|2||Stellation Media||Growth Service||Visit|