If you’re new to Facebook, you might want to learn how to change your birthday on Facebook. It’s a necessary skill, especially if you’ve input your birth date incorrectly. And the process is relatively straightforward.
It’s easy to alter your date of birth on Facebook using your desktop or through your Facebook mobile app. To change it on your desktop, go to the website and navigate your profile. You can go to the “About” page, scroll to find your birthdate, and then click Edit to change it. Remember to save all of your changes.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to change your birthday on Facebook on mobile devices and desktops. And also some restrictions to know.
How To Change Your Birthday On Facebook
Even if you are using Windows or Mac, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to the Facebook website and then your profile.
- Select your name on the left-hand side or click on your profile image at the top of the page. This will take you to your profile.
- Scroll to the “About” page and click on the contact section.
- Then look for the section that stipulates your date of birth. At this point, you can select the icon that looks like a pencil to edit your birthday.
Mobile App Method
Note that to change your birthday on Facebook on your phone, you need to have the app installed.
- Open your Facebook app.
- Scroll to your profile and click on the “About” page.
- Select on the “Birthday” option to alter your date of birth. You can also click on the “Audience” to choose who can be your birthday.
- Check the confirmation box and click “Save” in the top-right corner.
Things To Remember Before Changing Your Birthday On Facebook
Although changing your birthday on Facebook is simple, it is not always possible. Here are some restrictions to know:
- You are only allowed to input a new birthday after every two weeks. This is because of security reasons.
- There is also a restriction on how many times you can change your birthday on Facebook. You are only given three chances to change your birthday.
This means that after changing your birthday three times, you will never be able to change it again. But you can contact Facebook customer support. However, you have a slim chance of changing it.
Remember that there are restrictions when changing your birthday on Facebook. This is why it is vital to ensure you’ve entered the cored birthdate before saving.
This will help you in avoiding problems with your Facebook account. You can always start by following our guide on how to change your birthday on Facebook.